Benson Amps Chimera Guitar Head
This product is currently sold out.
CHIMERA 30 WATT GUITAR AMPLIFIER
This 30 watt head and 2x12 companion speaker cabinet is for players who love the unique tone and bread-and-butter simplicity of the Monarch, but need it in a louder package for the big stage. Like other Bensons, it is fully hand-wired point to point on terminal strips using premium components and Mercury Magnetics transformers. Instead of a British-American switch, the Chimera has a bass control that takes the differences between the voices of the Monarch and makes them variable. The tone controls are musical and versatile…it is hard to find a harsh sound!
- 4 x JJ 6V6, 2 x JJ 12X7 preamp tubes, 5AR4 rectifier
- 30 watts
- Speaker outputs: 1 x 8 ohm, 1 x 16 ohm
- Head 47cm W 20cm H 20cm D 10 kgs
- Point to point construction on terminal strips *no circuit, eyelet or turret board*
- Mercury Magnetics transformers
- Carbon Comp resistors
- Jupiter Capacitors
- DC filments for low noise
- Dovetailed pine speaker cabinets
- Baltic birch head cabinet
- Celestion G12H Well-balanced…a good choice for most Chimeras